Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2005




Baguio Again



Just arrived in Baguio yesterday, exactly by 10:30 PM and stayed at Baden Powell Inn. Today, I'm looking for a single room and never thought it would be a tedious experience. A guide named Manny, appoached me after I withdrew money at SM Baguio and he said that he had connections with landlord/landladies offering rooms for transient and long-time loggers. I'm highly suspicious with strangers thinking they might be hold-uppers but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. He led me to a house with a room that costs 3,500. Though it's a very decent room with a closet, a double-deck bed, water and light included and you can even cook but no way! I have no budget for that. Finally we settled at house that offers 1,600 per room and is very near at SM Baguio however, the room will be available until March 2 and the landlady is not yet sure whether the current occupant will be extending his stay at that room. I told Manny to contact him whenever I've decided to stay at the 1,600 room. He even ask money for his breakfast when we departed. What a nerve! But since he was helpful, I gave him a measly 35. Well, it would be enough for breakfast right?

Right now, I was really worried what other options to choose. I have extended my stay at Baden Powell inn until Tuesday noon. Today after lunch maybe, I can look for houses near universities so I can save or look further for other cheap rooms. The ones Manny showed me earlier are the best ones and I think I'll be comfortable in it. Well as for now, I'm praying to God that He'll give me the right room for me.

No comments: