Pages

Friday, February 11, 2005




Wherever the Phantom went...



I just read my emails and came across with Texas Instrument's Inc. invitation for an exam and interview this Monday! Wow! It's been like 5 months since I applied for the Apprenticeship program they are offering. I never thought they will ever contact me. Anyway, yesterday I watched "Phantom of the Opera". I've heard the musical many times but never knew what the story is all about. When I watched yesterday, it was a musical turned into a movie; with only few dialogues as compared to Moulin Rouge. However I was so drawn to the character of the Phantom - a hateful soul yearning for an unrequited love from his object affection, the chorus girl turned lead Soprano, Christine. Gerard Butler was really good in portraying the role as the Phantom and Emmy Rossum as Christine. In the end, the Phantom escapes and many years after that Christine dies of course as wife of his childhood sweetheart, Raoul. On the grave as Raoul came to visit her, a red rose was seen beside her epitaph's stone. Wherever the Phantom went... who knows?

No comments: