Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2005




First Basketball Training


Basketball



Yesterday, I was invited to a "Basketball Fellowship" by my BP brothers. I don't know how to play basketball but they assured me that all of us there do not know how to play. Four of us came, including a brother from another support group and we lal went to Palmdale at Pasig.

When I first entered the court, I was feeling when I was in 2nd year high school. I'm scared and nervous, never know how to behave myself as out PE teacher gathered us at the covered court. My male classmates were very excited that they will be playing the sport they knew by heart while I didn't have a clue. I knew I would be embarrassed and everyone will laugh at me. However, as the four of us gathered, I was told to show if I could do a little dribbling. I did and I guess I wasn't that bad. After me, one of my bro's did it and I saw him trying to learn as I do and to do it properly. That's when my nervousness fade away and decided to concentrate and try to have fun. We were taught with the basic dribbling - we first dribble the ball with a finger, then two and then with the whole hand. We were also taught to dribble back and forth with one hand and the other. Then the shooting came, which I guess was quite difficult but managed to improve at the end. We were supposed to learn lay-up but our time was up.

It was the most memorable "sport" time I ever had in years. I was encouraged and praised if I did it right. I was not laughed at unlike when I was in high school. I found basketball quite interesting, now that at least I have little skills I can boast of. I wish to improve more until I can play the hard court.

No comments: