Pages

Monday, November 28, 2005

You Feel Nervous...

When God leads, you feel nervous. I woke up yesterday, a Sunday, feeling better with my feet less swolen and in quite a cheery mood. As I prepared mmyself to go to church, I can feel God is prompting me to sing in the church... but I brushed the thought aside and go on with my way. When we got to church, I saw the program with the heading, "Be Still and Know I am God". I was excited cause I happen to know a perfect song to go with this heading. So I got my sister along and decided to offer a special number. We practiced a little bit and when our turn came to sing, it was as good as perfect. Of course, when we are spirit-led everything seems to be perfect even if it seems it's not but by God's grace it's made perfect.

When the service wa almost over, our Youth president announced that we have a circuit Fellowship this afternoon at a church in Matina, Davao. We're going to have presentations for Solo Singing contest, Comical Skit and Interpretative Dance. But the problem is, we don't have anything to present! Sadly, our Youth group is kind of lousy nowadays. No one seemed to care with the activities. Leaders gave up convincing, hard-headed and timid individuals to participate.

Circuit - group of Alliance churches in a particular area. When several circuits combine, it would be called a District which is city-wide


Surprisingly, many were interested attending the fellowship even if we had nothing to present. By 2:30 we got there at the place and the circuit president, Lloyd asked us if we had any participants for the contests. My youthmates started pushing that I join the solo singing contest. The problem is I don't have with me any minus-one tape let alone a song to sing! Again, like some sudden whisper, God seemed to speak to me, "Andy, you have to sing!" so I stopped arguing with Lloyd and prayed to God for some miracle that it will be all right. So I prepared a little bit and told the pianist if he knows to play the song which is the song I sang at our church that morning. Luckily, he does! So I guess everything is okay and when my turn came, I let it all out and it was done. After the contests, the results were announced. The winners will be competing against other circuit winners for this District convention this Dec 27. When my name was called that I won, I was like,

"Huh?" and my youthmates were cheering.


Barkada trip
My Youthmates

Me, holding my award
Me and the HUGE ribbon


They told me to come up the stage to receive my HUGE ribbon. When we got home, everyone was happy especially me. I believe that I have been used by God to inspire my youthmates to attend upcoming youth activities especially this District Conference. Many people signify their plans of attending, yeah to support me, but I guess God had really wonderful plans for our youth group as the year ends.

And this is the song I sang,




"Still" by Hillsong! What a nice nice song!

No comments: