Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Foot Therapy

Hours ago, I just attended the 2nd session for my right foot therapy and every time I go there I can't help feeling relaxed (and sleepy) because of the coziness of the clinic, and the warm accomodation of the PTs (Physical Therapists). I've always thought before that when you say therapy for physical therapy, it would only mean one thing "massage". I remembered asking one church friend what course will she take up in college.

When she said she would take up physical therapy, I replied, "What! You're going to be a masseuse!?"

Of course, now I know several things of what physical therapists do. Of course they do massages, they do therapy (as if it's not obvious) for muscle strengthening, they can also be gym instructors cause they mostly know how musculature works and many other things.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Cozy, isn't it?


Anyway when I got there, the PT asked me several questions like how did my foot swelled which I tiredly replied over and over when people ask me but anyway since the PT was nice so I told him/herFYI every detail regarding my aching foot.
The PT on my first session is a girl while the second is a guy

So the PT got this electric stimulator and attach electrical nodes from it to different areas of my foot. When the PT turned it on, there was some pricking feeling like needles pressed slightly against your skin. The feeling was so good that I got asleep.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
PT Thingys and my left foot


The PT woke me up and told me he/she will be administering ultrasound to my foot. Woah! I always thought that ultrasound is only used for detecting babies and other things in the inside the body. So he/she got this ultrasound transmission gel which is kind of cold and then he/she ran the ultrasound thingy all over my feet spreading the gel at the same time. It didn't felt anything so we proceeded to the exercises that stretched my muscles to the limit. After the session, my feet felt better though still aching. I still pray that this feet will get better in the upcoming days.

No comments: