Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Grey-colored Hues

Sometimes I'm still wondering why time seems to fly fast when you're here in Manila. It seems that there are things much to be done and later find out that you have so little time. Yesterday I went Eastwood Technopark to submit my resume at a company. I assumed that since I only live in Kamuning (Quezon City), that wouldn't be that far (as suppose you live in Las Pinas or in Manila or Valenzuela). But it took me almost 3 hours to go there and back! In Davao, I could have been in many places in that span of time. So now, (even if i had realized it before but haven't got used to it ... still) I realize that it's the travelling that kills most of your time! Metro Manila is such a big, big collection of cities and in the future it will be bigger as disticts around it like the Tanay, Antipolo, Cainta, Binan, Sta Rosa, Dasmarinas, Bacoor, Imus, etc. will be highly urbanized.


Week Faces
At the end of the day, I'm wondering if I had done something worthwhile. Everything happened like fast swirling blur of grey-colored hues... and in my quiet reflection I try to grasp the goodness, the excitement of the seemingly tiring, boring and monotonic lifestyle. That's why I like it here in Metro Manila. The culture inscribed in it allows me to experience the wonders of life and realize how blessed I am even if the people around seemed to be walking too fast, heading in different directions but did not allow themselves to slow down and think - to regain the lost energy, environment has taken from them. They go to bars and discos and eat out on Fridays by dates of 15 and 30 and they party all night long thinking that indulging in some frenzied happy-tripping would take away the stress they got not only from the workplace, not only from the pollution but from the this stressful culture itself. And they go to sleep the whole day on Sunday, wake up on Monday and work like zombies till Frdiay. You see them standing on MRT with droopy eyes and haggard souls. And the cycle repeats... and truth be told, their souls will be as dry as ever. I was once on this path and I thought it's the way it should be if you want to survive in Metro Manila. But I realized, it's not bad to be probinsyanoFYI with inate tendencies to be more reflective while enjoying the clear night skies in the fields up on an acacia tree (not really in acacia tree, much more like a guava tree).
Probinsyano - Tagalog term which means one who lives or comes from provinces

No comments: