Pages

Friday, January 13, 2006

The Frustration Bug

My New Year Look
Smile and look good!
I just hate when times like these happen in my life. I woke in the morning wearing a smug look and people talking sound annoying to you... But by God's grace I am (hopefully) still have reason to live this day, bless other people even if it requires extra effort and do things I normally do not do these days like exercising in the gym. When the frustration bug sets in, you are vulnerable to temptation - I might invite my friends and get drunk, or maybe I would like to meet someone in the bar - just to ease the pain the bug has caused your heart. But instead of easing the pain, it gets worse and the pain is now mixed with guilt, regret and blame.

Right now, my plans going back to Manila are thwarted. My brother just had an accident and of course the money will be used for his operating expenses, his medicines, etc. I understand that accidents to happen and nothing is to blame for that. But somehow deep inside my heart, I am angry. Angry with the situation and angry ... just angry okay and of course frustrated. I don't know how to elaborate and I am of course vulnerable to impulsive thoughts (temptation). I have the tendency to "pig out" when I feel something stressful like anger, frustration, discouragement. In the past, I do not hesitate to do it but now I seek God's wisdom, discern what I can learn from the situation and how can I make it better by God's grace. What does the scripture says in times like these:
Psalms 37:7a (NIV)
Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him;

Romans 8:28 (Amplified Bible)
We are assured and know that [ God being a partner in their labor] all things work together and are [fitting into a plan] for good to and for those who love God and are called according to [His] design and purpose.

It is comforting to know that IF you love the Lord, trust that all things work for good according to his will and purpose. I may not have the understanding why he allows times like this but he knows and he knows BETTER than us. He told us to be still and wait patiently for him for his timing his perfect in his time. Wow! Many times have I trusted my own instinct and they all fail. Many times have I listened to wordly values (and truth be told, they sound good) but the scriptures are perfect and true to its promise. As Christians we are trust his word - not our feelings, not the circumstances and not what we think is best for us. 2 Corinthians 5:7 (Amplified) says, "For we walk by faith [we regulate our lives and conduct ourselves by our conviction or belief respecting man's relationship to God and divine things, with trust and holy fervor; thus we walk] not by sight or appearance."... Right, so cheer up if you're bankrupt, if you're boyfriend/girlfriend just left you, or your dog was sick - we live by faith and not by sight! GBU everyone.

No comments: