Pages

Monday, March 28, 2005




The Week That Was



Last Thursday, I have decided to go down south in Manila to spend the holy days. Upon arriving, I stopped by an internet café to make the initial draft of my monthly report to be passed on Friday this week.

Tomorrow that day, Good Friday. I attended the 3 o' clock service of my home church in Manila. It was a spirit-filled experience as people of God sang songs of Christ's victory at the Calvary and at the same heart-piercing, cuz in between the seven last words, we were shown with several movie clips from "Passion of the Christ". You cannot help but be moved. Dinner was a luxury as most common fast food chains were closed during that day. My friend Butch and I landed at an elegant Italian restaurant in Eastwood and we went out feeling our stomachs so full as our wallets are empty. :(

By Saturday, some malls were opened. So we have our lunch at a mall near our place in Ortigas. We sang in a videoke booth and that's the reason why I can't speak today. After that we get dressed to go to SM Megamall and watch "Miss Congeniality 2". Sandra appears as Gracie Hart once again with new comical acts to show. After that we went to Timezone and played "Jurassic Parkand something like a ninja game. We have to shoot the dinosaurs if they try to eat us. It was so much fun, full of shouting and (swearing) as one by one we get eaten by those pesky critters. My friend was killed by a large T-Rex at the final part of Stage 1. When we got home, I can't say a thing.

On Resurrection Sunday, yesterday, John met me at Chowking to join Frank and Anita at Word Community Church. I was pestered with the worse case of diarrhea (or gastritis) that I can't concentrate mouthing (not singing since I was completely voiceless) the Praise and Worship songs. I even exited from the service to my private meditation in the CR... hehehe... After the service, the diarrhea went away as we are on our way to Edsa Shangri-la to have our lunch. We ate at "Bon-Appetit" where there was an endless supply of ice cream for dessert. That afternoon, I was due to go back to Baguio but John invited me to go with him at Los Baños to visit the wake of the mother of the friend of her sister. (Tatay! Peace! hehehe) Since I haven't visited that place and haven't been to UP Los Baños either, I decided to go with him and have a road trip, forgetting my trip back to Baguio. When I took up my UPCAT test when I was in high school, I passed and I'm supposed to study here. What life would it be if I've taken my college course there instead of Ateneo? Just wondering. When we got to UP Los Baños, I was quite amazed with the place because it's at the foot of Mt. Makiling and the area was filled with large trees, much like of a sanctuary within a forest. John gave me a tour around the whole campus for about an hour and we visited the wake. We got back in Manila by 11 and John accompanied me Victory Liner bus terminal that would bring me here in Baguio. I arrived in Baguio by 4:30 last morning.

No comments: