Pages

Monday, December 20, 2004




There's No Place Like Home(?)



Yesteray, I arrived here in Davao. After six months away from home, it's a good feeling to be back at where you grew up. My mom, dad and my sister fetched me at the airport. Inside our vehicle, I talked about my memorable experiences when I worked as a PA (Production Assistant) both at "All About Men" and "Bodyhunt 2004". But nobody seemed to care, my dad only asked what salary I got ... and then lied to him that it was good. Nobody, seemed to care if I enjoyed it or was it hard. No one asked, if I was ok. Nobody did but when my sister shared her share of her stories. They commented about it.

As you can see, I never did relate with anyone in the family especially with my Dad and my Mom. It is with my sister I talk with what I did or sometimes with my brother. My parents don't seem too proud with my achievements in the field of art and music, which are something I love to do and plan to make a career out of them. They have expected me to make use of my ECE licnse, work in a big company, earn big salary and that's it. Yet, I never expected they could be so cold about it when I'm so hot sharing what I've done. Anyone, my Dad made a side comment, that I'd return to Manila, only to get my remaining things. I felt slammed... but it's ok. I'm 23, I think I've grown enough to stand up for myself... no matter what happens, I'll be back in Manila and stay there... so help me God.

To continue with my story, when I got home, it was uneventful. I cooked my own dinner while everyone watched "Kapamilya Christmas Special". After that, my sister was the only one left at the living room, so I poured out to her all my excitement. I showed here my work and what I did. I'm still glad that someone in the family can relate with me. During this week, I will not think of anything else but to enjoy the holidays and deal with my going back to Manila after that.

No comments: