Pages

Sunday, December 12, 2004




Series of Unfortunate Events



I was half-awake and felt it was like 6 in the morning, when my roommate Butch entered the room, excused to get his pillow under my feet and lay beside. Quite early for him to come home, I think , but then Butch blurted out his terrible, I say terrible cause if it would be me, I'd describe it that way, that happened to him six or more hours ago. I instantly remembered Jim Carrey's poster of his next movie at SM Megamall. It was adapted from Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events. I haven't read the book yet but I have to watch the movie, maybe I'll like it like what Harry Potter did to me.

Series of Unfortunate Events


Anyway back to my original story, exactly 8 hours before that, my boss texted me with an air of sadness saying it would be his birthday tomorrow (well that would be today) and he's broke, poor man and poor me too, cuz he owed me money. So much for series of unfortunate events. Similarly yesterday, another friend Butch S., expressed his woes (or was it pure hatred?) regarding the company he's currently employed. To conclude, sometimes life can bomabard you with series of unfortunate events. Even if it's not directly you who will be affected, somehow they will hit you in some other way. But I think, as what the apostles have taught, the best thing to do is to cheer each other up and to think that this is just a passing phase of life and who knows the odds are against you once more.

No comments: