Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2005




The Storm Walker



This weekend, I have fallen... into sin's darkest pits. No details required. It just happened. I woke up this morning feeling so guilty, crying out to God, blaming myself, expecting to be punished. What happened was stupid, pointless. I was aware but I did not get out of it while I still can. I told a "brother" about my "guilt" and God just answered me in ways so amazing and so unexpected. Not only did my brother respond with an inspiring word - my mom, my dad, the whole church was praying for me this morning. They did not know what I've been going through but at that moment I felt I was loved, especially by God.

He revealed himself to me through today's word at Matthew 14:22-33. It was the story where Jesus appeared to his disciples walking on the lake towards a storm-battered boat to his disciples. It was a story that find me quite magical when I was a child but it is only now that I understand what it really meant. The storm represents the trials and struggles in our lives. When we feel we don't have the strength to stand up and continue to walk and when we feel that we would sink into the depths of sinfulness, in an "unexpected hour" and in an "unexpected method", God would rescue us and keeps us on track. He extends his hands and pulls us out like as he pulls Peter when he started to sink. The time when he came was the time they did not expect and his ways are unconventional - Jesus was not coming to them riding also in a boat but he was walking on water! Truly, God's ways are what the human mind cannot imagine. It will leave you amazed and you'll just cry for being grateful of what God has done - just like what He did to me this morning. Brothers and sisters, continue to walk with God and ask for His help when you fall down. Have faith and He'll leave you amazed with his ways!

No comments: