Pages

Monday, January 31, 2005




Trip to Bustos



Ah! What a nice day to start. I'm excited cause I'm going to visit a friend in Bulacan. I did not know exactly where he lives but he has given me an instruction to ride a "Baliwag Transit" bus and he'll be waiting for me at Jollibee at Baliwag Town Plaza. I believe I woke up quite early and by a quarter to nine, I was on my way to Ortigas to ride the MRT to Cubao. What a bad luck this Monday has been! Starting near our place (Countryside) up to Robinson's Galleria, the traffic is sooo slow-paced that it took me almost an hour. Normally, it would only take me 20 minutes to travel. Now, I understand why people hate Monday mornings.

However, my MRT trip up to Baliuag is smooth sailing. I met my friend there in front of Jollibee. It was 12 o clock. We rode a tricycle that would take us from Baliwag up to their place in Bustos. My friend showed me the great river where upstream, the Angat Dam is located. The river is so wide but the water streaming on it was narrow. However my friend said that when there's a typhoon or when the dam spills the excess water it has, the water rises almost touching the bridge itself. This river was also the location scene of "Te Amo", a soap starring Iza Calzado and that Spanish guy in "Monica Brava".

When we reached their house. I was introduced to his mother who was watching TV. Lunch was superb! I was served with Spaghetti, Turbo Chicken, Corn Soup, Fruit Cocktail and Fresh Pineapple Juice. Man! I was so full. My friend talked a little about his life abroad (since he is an OFW) and proceeded to explain the new business I am into. It was about three when we left their place cause I'll be heading home already. My friend even bought me a big bag of cornick and small packs of "Lengua" so that I could eat something along the way.

Hospitable people are a rarity nowadays, especially if you're here in Metro Manila. Mostly people think of themselves only. But I thank God that people such as my friend and his family are servants of Generosity. I'm so much thankful. I really have a wonderful time.

No comments: