Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2005




Poltergeists



This entry is supposedly to be posted last Friday but due to some disk problems it was not posted.

Yesterday, I think I confirmed my belief regarding the paranormal or so in a slightly elevated level when something very spooky happened to me. For these past days, I have been reading my brother’s Philippine Ghost Stories books 4 and 6 and maybe this spooky thing is also attributed to the work of my imagination. But, my eyes can’t fool me so here it is.

This quite scary event happened inside our house. It is located in an area where there is a mirror facing the door of the CR and just perpendicularly adjacent to the CR is the door leading to me and my brother’s room, beside it is our maid’s room and beside it is my sister’s room. It’s door perpendicular to the maid’s door. Behind the mirror is a small hallway leading to my sister’s room and the to the hallway’s left is the divider that divides the room and the rest of the house.

Our House


It was about six in the evening and I took a leak inside the CR. When I got out, I faced the mirror to fix myself. Suddenly, the ajar door of my sister’s room just closed by itself shut so fast as if someone was pushing it from inside. I called our maid’s attention who is fixing some things in our room and asked her if she had heard the door shut. I became so spooked that I blurted loudly that something not like ours has pushed the door shut. My mom casually told us that it’s just the wind. But it’s impossible since it’s so freaking humid at that time and no wind was ever felt. If ever there was wind, it would be impossible to close the door since it was positioned to cause the door to “open” if the door would be ajarred. Our maid told us that it happened to her also many times having seen the doors suddenly shut themselves and sometimes open by the themselves. Could it be that poltergeists linger our house? We have been in this house for almost ten years and just recently these things happen. My siblings have this habit of playing Spirit of the Paper just for fun. Could it be that this game has called some spirits that lingered inside our house?

No comments: