Pages

Friday, January 21, 2005




I Hate Flying



Just arrived yesterday here in Manila via plane. My flight was supposed to be 1:05 PM yesterday but to due to some unavoidable circumstances, it was rescheduled to 2:25 PM. So I waited quite long, watching Game KNB and MTB while waiting. By the way, days ago I went to my EENT doctor because I have problems with my sinus part and I felt pain whenever I press my forehead. I was diagnosed with Allergic Rhinitis and Astigmatism. The former is like Sinusitis in a much worse level while Astigmatism is an inborn eye lens defect where the lens is less/more concave than it should be. My left eye has grade 50 (the vision is slightly blurred when I cover my right eye)but my right eye is normal so my doctor said, I shouldn't be needing reading glasses. (I really want to wear glasses!!)

Back to my story, having allergic rhinitis, you are vulnerable to certain allergies. Personally, my rhinitis is triggered if I'll inhale cold air like in an airconditioned room or inhale some dust. So while at the airport, the pre-departure area is so cold, and I felt mucus was building inside my sinus part and I have to cover my nose with a hanky to warm the air entering my nose. By the time I entered the plane, my nose was quite normal however as the flight progresses, I start to sneeze. Despite my efforts to warm the air I breathe, the mucus seem to build up faster.

Then the worst came, at the start of the plane's descent at NAIA, My whole head start hurt in the most excruciating pain I have ever felt in whole life. I felt something would burst forth my head and I imagined some alien life-form borne and saying "Hello World". My nape tingles and felt that my spinal cord is affected too. My temple throbs and I felt I'm some human transforming into a werewolf. The pressure in my sinus is unimaginable and minutes later, I felt my eye veins will explode. I imagine myself in some horror film when eyes get suddenly turn red with blood and burst out blood spraying like the one in "Kill Bill". I endured this pain for almost 20 minutes and when we finally disembarked from the plane. I can still feel the ringing sensation in my ears even up to this point. I haven't have regular sleep last night, my nose is annoying me but fortunately when I woke up this morning, I feel it's okay. I just pray for a healthier day ahead.

No comments: