Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

andy matrix



Lost! and Almost



Yesterday was the most frenzied day of my life. At lunch, I went to Ever Gotesco Ortigas, the mall near my place to eat my lunch. I was going to eat at McDonalds but when I passed by Greenwich, I decided to eat there instead. I thought it's been a while that I've tasted Chicken ala King. So I ate there, I texted my father what time will he be coming over in Manila. After eating, I went to McDonalds to buy Sundae, then I proceeded downstairs and go to the gym. As soon as I got to the front door, I realized that my cellphone is not in my pocket. Hurriedly, I went back to Greenwich and approached the guy who cleaned my mess and asked me if he has seen any N2100 cell... He said he did not. He searched the trash bin but couldn't find it so I asked him if he has his own cellphone and that I could borrow it to miss call my phone. Instead he called his manager and let him deal with me so I asked the manager if he could give my phone a ring. He did but it said, "The phone is either out of reach or out of coverage area"... he did it again same answer. The verdict: Someone got my phone ... removed the SIM card and I'm sure it will never be returned... Bless him ... It's been barely 10 minutes when I left Greenwich and the most bizaare thing is .. it's not really crowded in there. We were only less than 10 people and very far apart from each other. The closest person I suspected was the guy who cleaned my mess... I don't know... but whoever got my cellphone, God will deal with his life. Well anyway, now I've got a new phone. It's a good thing really my dad came over yesterday, and it's good thing I kept the numbers in my Spiderman notebook that I had contacted him.]

Today, I went to Astec in Rosario, Cavite for an exam and interview. The factory reminded me of ROHM Apollo (for ROHM Apollo stories click here), however it's obvious that it's quite old unlike the brand new, high-tech building of ROHM Apollo. The exam went quite well and I was very bored waiting for my turn to be interviewed. It turned out I was 3rd to the last. But it went well, and it's obvious that the supervisor or manager who interviewed me was impressed with my answers... (Naks! Bukhad ang atay...) and he told me directly I was one of his shortlisted candidates (it turned out na dalawa lang kami)... so apart from interview, he had me tested with my AutoCAD and Visual Basic skills. U-oh! Danger... anyway, I kept my cool and focused everything I learned from Sir George Tujan... It's a good thing the AutoCAD software they had is not working so I got to be tested in VB. What they asked me to do first is very difficult. They want me to make a VB interface to be linked with a database which is in Microsoft Access... Although I made a program like that before, but then, I have books and notes at that time... so I told them I can't do it. Instead they asked me to make a calculator ... very easy. Anyway, I got with the hurly-burly of what commands to use ... I need a refresher! That's what's going on in my head... I haven't finished making the calculator ... Sir whatever his name is, ushered me back to HR, where I was advised to wait for the call.

No comments: