Pages

Friday, September 24, 2004

andy matrix



A Couple of Interviews, An Exam, A Job Offer



I'm so glad today is Friday because tomorrow is Saturday and the day after Saturday is Sunday. Starting last Monday, I was constantly reminded or rather advised by my father regarding my job application at Pacific Online. I have called May, the patient lady from HR, twice already starting last week. If I make a call to her again, that would make her furious but to my surprise on Tuesday afternoon, she called me to confirm my availability for an exam this Friday. Of course I said yes, and my dilemma was solved.

Minutes after that, someone called me again and it was Ram, the HR guy in Astec. For everyone's information, Tuesday last week, I was invited for an exam and initial interview afterwhich I was told to wait for their call. Well, Ram told me to come into their office tomorrow for an exam again and interview at 10 AM . Waking up 5:30, I get dressed and prepare the 4-hour travel to EPZA in Rosario, Cavite. At 9:00, I arrived at Gate 4 but the guard refused to let me in because applicants should are supposed to enter Gate 1... It was a hassle really, I have to make a circular route around the place which consists of two rides. I got there by 9:20. Anyway, the exam was unusual ... the instruction was follow the instructions. Anyway, I got 10/14, which I think was quite good. I waited for a very long time for the interview, too many people interviewed me and it was finished at 4:30 PM. After that I waited for the HR's instruction for an hour, only to be told that I can go home and wait for their call. Duh! Anyway, while I was on my home particularly in Bacoor, Ram called me and told me to come for the final interview tomorrow that day at 8:00. What!? 8? Taht is too early! Anyway, I said yes. I was really planning to sleep that night until the sunlight will make me up. I was really tired when I got in Pasig at 8:00 PM so I decided to lift weights in the gym and it felt really good! I went home, took a bath, set the alarm clock at 4:00 AM and went to sleep.

I arrived 10 minutes late at Astec but it was okay. Ram called me and do his interview thing, psyching me. Duh! I'm used to be being psyched, he should've known I've been psyching myself every moment in my life. (Mahilig kasi ako magmumuni-muni)... so I think I was calm during the process yet noticed beads of sweat have formed around my forehead. Hehehe ... Anyway, I was instrcuted to wait again I don't know for how long again for my interview with the "Biggest Boss". To kill the time waiting, it's a good thing a fellow applicant started a conversation with me and we really got absorbed into each other's topics that I haven't noticed I was called to be interviewed. The biggest boss was the most intimidating interviewer ... maybe he's doing it to flaunt his authority. Duh! Anyway, I waited at the HR again for the results. My fellow applicant and I continued talking until it was his turn to be intrviewed. Around 11:15, Ram called each of us individually. I was called last. He told me that I was hired and advised me to look for a room or a house near EPZA. They will call me next week. I was hired! Yet, I did not feel estatic about it. Quite ironic really... I was too tired, my eyes were stinging and I went home looking forward for my exam tomorrow ... which happened today.

To be continued...



No comments: