Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

andy matrix



An "Evil" Day



My feet were itching from bites by mosquitoes hovering under the lavatory while washing my clothes I wore at the gym. I put some "Off" lotion and I guess the biting was gone. Anyway, exactly an hour and a half ago, I watched the ass-kicking, butt-busting sequel to Resident Evil which is Resident Evil:Apocalypse. The story continues from the previous movie where the virus has spread throughout the entire Raccoon City. Alice (Mila Jovovich) awakes from slumber with astonishing superhuman powers, and finds herself doing awesome combat techniques against zombie-like, virus-infested people (and dogs) all over the city. Yeah! She's really cool doing a Terminator thing with guns in both of her hands. Alice has become one of my favorite action heroes! Did you know that Mila trained for four months to prepare for this role? She has learned the intense Brazilian combat technique and the "in" thing nowadays replacing Tang Soo Do which is "Capoeira". And I'm sure it did prepare her for this movie. If you like Alice, you'd also like Jill Valentine, the heroine in the Resident Evil Game played by Sienna Guillory, and I thought she was Lara Flynn-Boyle with that anorexic body of hers but anyway, this babe really is equally ass-kicking and butt-busting but with only nearly human powers unlike Alice. Anyway, Umbrella (the organization who operated the Hive) had planned to "sanitized" the whole city by using a nuclear weapon and it's up to Alice, Jill, and their allies to fight for their survival against the threat from Umbrella and from the "infected" ones.

If you want some adrenaline-rushing, less mind thinking and full of shocking, heart-attack inducing movie to watch these days then I recommend you this. It'll never disappoint you.

But have you wondered why it's called an "Evil" day? It's not because of Resident Evil. Prior to that, I had my facial check-up at "Let's Face It". The "facial expert" who does the pricking and let's name her "Sleeping Beauty" has done the entire pricking in less than 10 minutes! In fairness she was nice like a saleslady, but I was really disappointed with the less than 10 minutes pricking and take note without much effort. I'd rather cry from pain if it's worth it! In my disappointment, I decided to cancel the mask I had arranged with her earlier but she has already mixed it so I did not argue anymore. And again, she irked me this time, she was too careless that her sleeves were brushing the mask away as she moved her hands across my face. So after the mask, I decided to report this incident to the supervisor and I did. The supervisor apologized and told me that she would deal with "Sleeping Beauty" later on. I hope, she has to learn a lesson the hard way. It's a good thing I'm a frequent client. What if it happens to a new customer? She/He probably would never come back.

No comments: