Pages

Friday, February 13, 2004

andy matrix


ROHM Apollo I


I received a call yesterday that I have an interview in ROHM Apollo in Carmona, Cavite. I was told to come before 9 o' clock. I arrived at the place just early about 45 min before time. But there were many people gathered at the place ... some dressed to kill and other just plain casual. I talked with some of the applicants and there was one I have talked to that he is scheduled to be interviewed today. I was also told that last Monday, they have an exam and company orientation. I was like questioning why I was invited for interview even though I haven't had my exam yet. Maybe there was a mistake and I frantically thought if I should be really here or not. I know that was a silly thought but you know I really get distracted and out of focus when something different and unexpected would come up.

Anyway, we were told to wait at the canteen for HRs instruction. Later, a very pretty HR staff called those who were scheduled for interview. I stood up and asked for clarfications regarding my conflict. She told me that I would just wait with my fellow examiners. As time goes by, about an hour or so, nobody came to give us instructions and we got bored. Each one start to talk introducing ourselves and knowing our respective courses and what school we come from or where do we live. All those stuff. Later on, things get a little bit funnier when the conversation shifts to discuss the pretty HR staff and other things so nasty that guys would discuss.

I was amazed with the process the canteen is utilized when the time for break comes, the bell or rather a ringing tone similar to Ateneo's bell will sound and many employees will line up buying food and brought it to the table where they eat it. After 15 min. the bell rang again and all the employees suddenly stood up, some haven't finished eating and carry their dishes to the lavatory. As I looked at the door, another batch of employees came hurrying to buy food. This goes on for three batches. What discipline ...

Anyway, after lunch while filling in our application forms, we were told by the HR staff we tagged as "Katya" as in Katya Santos that we were to come back on Tuesday afteroon at 1 o' clock. She apologized for the inconvenience..

To be continued ...

No comments: