Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2004

andy matrix

The Cellphone Trade-in Finalé
cellphone


That night I discussed the matter with my friend Butch, who had the most skeptical thoughts of modus operandi- something of that sort? Questions were raised like why would they have to require me to go at 2 o' clock? Why not 11 o' clock or at 10 when the mall starts to open. So many doubts were raging in my mind and I was imagining that I would lose the bargain and my cellphone not replaced.
So tomorrow, instead of waking up late, I got up early so that I would arrive at the place quite early or making it at exactly ten. In my mind, I was determined to surrender my unit and for them to return my 3000 and my 3310 unit or if the 3310 was sold, they have to return the whole 4500. When I got there, several cellphone stalls were already opening and as I went to the stall where I bought the cellphone - it was not yet open. Maybe Butch was right, they might not show up this day. As I ponder over things, a thought came into my mind. Why don't I just sell this unit for 4500 at some of these stalls and buy another unit at the Megamall. I would be saving my time and my saliva in possibly arguing with them. Hmm... it's a pretty good idea. So I practiced some sales talk in my mind and approached one stall. After the negotiations, the lady insisted to buy the phone for 3500. Leave it... and I looked for other stalls. I was walking for a few seconds holding my 2100 box and a man called from behind and asked me if I would be trading my phone. I said no and I told him I'm selling my unit, so he called over the lady behind the stall near him and start to negotiate ... it was quite a miracle and the negotiations came in smoothly, I sold the phone for 4500. I was crossing my fingers that they would not find out that during the tests, my phone will not be charging if the battery is empty. I guess they must have found it by this time. By the way, after I checked the money (a whole buck of 500s), I left then place immediately. I proceeded directly to Megamall and bought a new 2100 unit worth 5400. I'm glad I have a real "brand new" unit at last...

THE END...

No comments: