Pages

Monday, February 09, 2004

andy matrix

The Cellphone Trade-in 2
cellphone


As I have mentioned the last time, the cellphone was not charging and so I thought that the battery must be defective. Hmm, I really doubted the first lady when she immediately shoved a used battery somewhat scolding her sidekick by her warning looks by inserting a brand new battery. I have figured it out.
So the next day I was cruising my way down back to Greenhills constantly complaining about the traffic and having to spend the whole tiring day in Manila and having to worry about potential employers who might be calling that day. As I arrived at the area in around 11 o' clock, the sidekick was the only one in the stall. She told me to wait for the 1st lady. Later on, she asked me if I would be going somewhere and if I don't mind I just have to come back on two o' o'clock. What? I don't get the point! She told me a while ago to wait for a minutes and now she was telling me to come back at two o' clock. Fortunately, the 1st lady came just as we finished our conversation and I immeiately told her about the cellphone problem. She checked the phone by using her charger and it was not charging. She changed the battery with a new one and tried to charge it again. It was charging. I was right! So we both agreed to have the battery changed with a new one. I was quite happy to see my phone working again and so I left in good spirits.
In about a minute after leaving Greenhills, the cellphone warned "Low Battery" and sooner registered "Battery Empty". So I immediately proceeded to SM Megamall to have my lunch, afterwhich, I proceeded directly to Cubao to ride in a van going home. None was exciting along the way until I get home ... I tried to charge the phone again and to my horror (Psycho soundtrack ... eenk, enk, enk, enk) ... ! It was NOT charging! Much energy has been spent for two days over this cellphone and it's still not working.
But I have to remain calm... more disastrous things will happen if I do not remain calm. I would have thrown the cellphone at the wall again and again until it will break into smithereens, right? So I decided to go to Balibago: Sta Rosa's bustling commercial center to buy a BRAND new battery. When I got at one of the cellphone stalls, I asked the lady to charge the phone and see to it if it is charging. Who knows? Maybe it was the charger that was broken all along. Still the phone was not charging and so it was the battery again. And I was cursing in my mind about those ladies in Greenhills. Happy that phone is working again, I was in good spirits and I spent the whole afternoon in Balibago, having my dinner there before going home.

No comments: