Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2004

andy matrix

The Cellphone Trade-in 3
cellphone


I woke up quite late, around about a quarter to nine and so I decided to take a break from the two-day hassle by just staying at home - listening to songs by Josh Groban or reading Joshua Harris' book "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" or take yet another sleep. It's quite a boring day actually and when it reached lunch time, I got up from the bed and hiked to Paseo de Sta. Rosa to have my lunch at Jolibee oh wait a minute ... How could I forget my beloved cellphone? So I brought it with me. Along the way, the cellphone was drained and so I have to charge it when I get home.
When I arrived at the house, I tried to charge the phone again... and (Eenk, enk, enk, enk) ... it ... was ... NOT ... CHARGING!. Much to my disgust, or rather my calm-mindedness, I unplugged the charger, get dressed and decided to go back to Greenhills to replace the unit for now.
Along the way, I was wondering on how to approach that lady with a Visayan accent... Should I go furious and shout at her demanding that my unit be replaced in c guida... Or should I appear like a doctor telling his cancer patient like this "Ma'am you have a cancer and you have *** months to live" in quite unagitated manner. As I pored over these thoughts, I never realized that I have arrived at Greenhills and so I keep my mind focused and get my explanations organized and approached the stall. There was this 1st lady and a new lady beside her. I calmly told her the details and surprisingly she just nod and didn't argue - bet I guess she's guilty! She can't look at me in the eye! So I got my unit and do a couple of tests until it was proven that the unit was indeed defective and not the batteries. She searched for a new 2100 unit and later on she blurted off, "Sir, wala na ho kaming maayos na unit ... " wait a minute, does it mean that they really trade defective units? Hmm, these guys should be reported to DTI ... "... kung pwede ho, balik na lang kayo alas dos bukas ... " What? After all the hassles she gave me, she had the decency enough to demand from me that I would return tomorrow? And I said, "Miss, tatlong araw na ang nasayang ko sa sirang unit na 'to. May hinihintay ako mga importanteng tawag ..." and she replied "Sige na ho, sir bukas pa kasi ang suplay ng mga bagong unit ... mga alas dos". And I answered back, "Miss, ganun na lang ... kukunin ko yong unit ko at balik mo sa akin yung 3000", and she blurted out, "..eh, sir nabenta na ho yung unit niyo...", "kung ganun, 4500 mo na lang ang ibalik mo lahat", "eh, sir wala pa ho akong benta..." these guys have so much alibis but I concluded our quite heated conversation, "Okay, sige bukas na lang kung defective pa rin yung unit, isasauli ko na talaga." She just nodded and she replaced my unit with a full bar battery, "sir wag nyo lang ipa-low batt ha". I left.

To be concluded ...

No comments: