Pages

Friday, February 06, 2004

andy matrix

The Cellphone Trade-In 1"
The Cellphone


Finally, I have reasons enough to change my old dear 3310 cellphone. Why? Because it has low power to receive signals and not enough power to send even a short text. Secondly, I've been waiting calls from potential employers for interviews and they could not possibly contact me through my faulty cellphone and so I did decided to buy after gulping thought inmy mind to withdraw 3000 from my ATM account.
Early in the morning, I woke up very early to go down to Greenhills Virra Mall in Manila to have my cellphone traded-in with a Nokia 2100 model. The place was known for cheap bargaining of shopping materials and 2nd class CDs, cellphones, jewelry, PC, and other "butingtings" you can think of. I was bargaining with certain stalls when I get there until I arrived at a certain stall who only charges 3000 pesos for a "brand new" 2100 unit. I was excited of course. There was this girl who speaks Tagalog in a very strong Visayan accent and her stallmate and a cellphone technician who doesn't mind us. The first girl and I made a bargain and after that she meticulously inspected my unit for defects. When the cell passed the test, she agreed to hand me my new 2100 unit and I was very lax enough to inspect my unit due to excitement. After that I went to SM Megamall to eat and watch "The Last Samurai". When I get home, I have to charge the battery since it was drained the whole day. But to my huge dismay and (I have to emphasize this) disappointment, it was not charging ...

To be continued...


No comments: