Pages

Friday, August 12, 2005




Until then, Baguio



A few hours, I was walking along the spine in TI and realized that I will be missing this place, along with the lovely memories God has blessed during my 5-month (and 2 weeks) apprenticeship here at Texas Instruments. It was the most wonderful time of my life spending here not only in TI but Baguio in general. A city at the top of Cordillera. I usually found myself asleep from trips from Manila and when I got in Baguio early morning behold, it has never failed to mesmerize me how beautiful the place is! It was like you've awaken in a dream. (Soundtrack: Enya's Songs) Its deep valleys and towering peaks, with its lofty pine trees and calm breeze, I praise God for the gift of nature for us to enjoy.

In TI, I spend most of my entire at the Failure Analysis lab. There I perfected the craft of IC polishing - with no induced cracks and achieving fine surface texture. I will also miss operating my favorite SAM equipment where I locate delamination for affected ICs. But most especially, I will miss the people who befriended me and made me comfortable with my work - to Manang Aleli, who started the rumor that I looked like the tisoy version of Boss Bing Viera. That rumor spread among the apprentices up to the line people at Encap. Anyway, I'll miss Manang Aleli's light-hearted nature. To Ate Estrella, "Star" whom I and Abbi thought looked like Uma Thurman. To Anna Rae, the soft-spoken lass who always calls me "Kuya Andy, Amoy Baby!" Sometimes I'm tempted to think that this girl's got a crush on me.

To the FELLOWSHIP of the WAPs, I salute you!


The Fellowship
The Fellowship

Vendo Discussion
Serious Discussion at the Vendo

Aheemm
The camera pans to focus the cutest dude of them all.

Gio and Grace
Gio and Grace at the Library yesterday

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Gio In Action: Habhab na pare!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Gio, after expressing a hard day's work. Gerald smiles nearby.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
A Walk at the Ecopark (with Mau and Reagan)



We make each others lives more meaningful, getting to share our concerns when we felt "abused" by our employers, having the best times during breakfast, lunch and merienda with our endless laughs, "inisan", "pikunan", etc.

To Mau, the charming girl, who plans our activities during the day and the weekend,

To Gerald, our official "Chick Boy". He captivated the hearts of two "stunningly beautiful" girls (and maybe one guy there who joins us at breakfast. nyahaha)

To Gio, who makes us laugh with his face (joke lang) and with his endless complains about work, life and the whole world. But this guy is deep and I can sense he really wants to share his hurts and concerns if he's influenced with alcohol. Take care of your liver, dude.

To Jeff, the anti-social guy but really nice to talk with one on one with things that makes sense - about science, courses and jobs abroad.

To Gibson, FA's every little brother. I don't know. Maybe because he's acting gay but I guess he's not. When I first listen to this guy's stories about him living in the past, I almost believed him.

To Reagan, the guy whose with me almost every time cause we have the same supervisor. I could say he's a smooth operator cause he easily gets along with everybody. He's the only one who could retaliate against Gio's remarks.

To Arnold, the seemingly cynical and pessimistic guy but could carry a joke sometimes.

To the Die Attach duo, Roge and Grace who got the deadliest "chismis" of everyone around TI workplace. Taking them seriously gets you disturbed.

To Clarence and Archie - our official love team.

To Henry and Sherwin who got Ma'am Gretz to her wits. Therefore YOU ARE! Nyahaha.

To Adrian, I pray that God will make a miracle in your life! (He's struck with bone cancer, just diagnosed a week ago.

I hope wherever you guys go, you will still remember the times when we flock at SM to get have our pictures taken for free. I hope you will remember how we pleaded the saleslady. Or that day when we are out in the lagoon at Burnham park, boating. Or the Tuesday affairs at the movies. (Si Gio nakatulog while everyone is laughing watching Monster In Law...) Ah! I don't think I can easily forget those memories. I'll bring them all wherever God leads me.

No comments: