Pages

Friday, August 19, 2005




Keeping Myself Alive



Since Monday, life has been much simpler - to make the story short, I'm bummed. I have updated my resumé, visited father at the hospital, go to gym everyday, watched my favorite CDs and movies from our (pirated) DVD library at home and the only hope I have is living everyday with God living out and continuing to commit myself for His purpose in me.



Warriors on Elks: Unusual


Yesterday, I was again bored and I think I have watched every DVD at home until I saw my brother's copy of "Princess Mononoke". I have heard it's a very good movie since it was made by the genius animator, Hayao Miyazaki. Six months ago, I watched Miyazaki's "Spirited Away" and I was blown away with the wonderful story about sacrificial love, forgiveness and everything. So I watched it and I was not disappointed. Here is the synopsis of Princess Mononoke, I got from Thesia.com.au review:

Princess Mononoke, set in 14th century Japan, is the mythological tale of a war between encroaching civilisation and the beast gods of the forest. In a remote mountain village far away in northern Japan, the young warrior Ashitaka (Yôji Matsuda), is forced to kill a monster to protect his village. Too late, he discovers that the boar-like creature he killed is a protector-god of the forest. In killing the demon boar, Ashitaka has brought upon himself a curse, it's sign: a twisted scar on his right forearm that is slowly spreading. Ashitaka journeys to the land of the Tatara clan where he hopes to uncover the mystery of the curse before it takes his young life. He meets their proud and regal leader, the Lady Eboshi (Yûko Tanaka).
Along the way, he becomes involved in the bitter fight between two warring factions of humans and a race of forest-gods trapped in the middle. During one battle, Ashitaka sees San, the Princess Mononoke (Yuriko Ishida), a young woman raised by wolves, who is prepared to die to defeat the humans. Against his will, Ashitaka is drawn into the struggle between man and nature, tying to persuade the two sides to find another way, one that will halt the endless circle of killing. He seeks a middle ground where forest creatures and humans can live in the world in peace together.


Also, yesterday, I received a large package containing the prosectus of Hillsongs Leadership College. I was so excited and literaly, my hands are shaking as I opened the package awaiting to hold something precious. When I opened it, I found a huge folder with the Hillsongs cover in it. I can't wipe away the smile on my face as opened the folder and saw the brochure containing the information about Hillsongs Leadership College and the courses offered. As I browsed through the pages, I imagined my life if I'd be there studying and doing the ministry in action. As I closed the brochure, I prayed to God and let my desires be known to him. He said, wait patiently for me... and a hope was formed inside my heart. In this time of boredom, it is this hope that will carry me through.

No comments: