Pages

Monday, August 01, 2005




Manic Monday



I arrived from Manila just this early morning. Night trips are the ones I like. As soon as I sit down on my seat, a few minutes I'll feel sleepy and before I realized I have fallen asleep, I'm already in Baguio. :) Anyway I went straight to my room and was relieved to see that it seemed spacy - my roommates had just left a week ago. I changed into my home clothes and went to sleep. It was already 5:30 and was hoping to get up by 7:00. When 7 came, I was really hesitant to push myself off to bed since the weather is cool, fog is everywhere and the skies are as clear as summer. The sun rays were piercing through my window and it would be nice to sleep all day long but I have to get up.

I instantly remembered my Operation Report today and it would be a shame for me to refuse and make alibis again to my supervisor why I can't report. The truth, I'm really scared talking in front especially with big people. I mean it's managers and supervisors I'll be talking to and who am I? I'm just a lowly apprentice who does errands for five months feeling satisfied and fulfilled with all the colorful reports he's made just to fight boredom. (You should've seen my reports and you'd say I'm good with color combination) Anyway I got up, get dressed and went to work. I arrived there just in time and met a few officemates along the way. I haven't met my buddy, Ate Teenie at the anteroom so I proceeded directly to the canteen to have breakfast. There I met the "Breakfast Fellowship" minus Mau (she already grauduated last week) already eating. After eating, I went to FA to cross-section three lots of ICs I'm suppose to finish last week. But I really bargained some things to Ate Teenie to let me go early last Friday to attend John's birthday at BP office. Fortunately, I'm such a nice guy :) that without a doubt she gave me her permission but I have to do those pending tasks today. :( Anyway, as I was absent-mindedly to cross-section I was thinking if I should continue to stay at my place or find a new one or not, to finish the two-week extension and go back to Davao, looking forward to visit a prospect workplace in QC this Saturday and join WordCom audition for Christmas Cantata and a song suddenly popped into my mind. After that I was finished cross-sectioning my ICs and went to measure BLT.

Lunch time came and we had lunch with the members of the "Lunch Fellowship". That's when I felt sleepy again and went to sleep while everyone else is chit-chatting over food. By 1 pm, I woke up and went back to work, cross-sectioning and was nervous this time cause I'm going to have my report this 3. I switched my phone off so that Ate Teenie cannot contact me but she knew better, she called the FA and asked for me and so I was doomed to report this 3. Anyway, 3 came and I was the Sunken Garden waiting for the big bosses to come and there was Sir Yunus, the ever-inquisitive, quite angry and irritated NPD boss ogling over his laptop. I felt scared so went for awhile to gain composure and prayed to God for calmness. Anyway, the big bosses came later and Ate Teenie presented her Die Crack update, then she segued to gave way for my report - well "this is it" and there I was with my powerpoint presentation feeling like a Makati executive in my blue polo looking so confident while sweat was starting to form on my forehead. (Whew!) Sir Yunus wasn't even listening to my report but I knew it made an impact cause the bosses asked me follow up questions and I answered like I knew everything. Hahaha, No... I think the report just went well, nothing glorious, much less of a grand inauguration yet not a slop on the other hand. It was ok. Yeah.

Anyway, I have only one mission to do for this day - to ask my landlady Ate Sheron for my extension for a much lesser rent. Just a few hours ago, Clarence texted me that she, Adrian, Grace and Dex were looking for a new house and they want to join me but as I went about thinking throughout the day, I felt I needed to be alone for two weeks, to think and meditate on what's happening in my life so far, where I will head and discern God's plan. I really prayed and God granted me my request, I'll continue to stay in my room for a lesser rent. Well, it has been great day for me and I'm glad I'm in front of this computer sharing what an ordinary day it is! Ordinary days that are sometimes unappreciated. Ordinary days where God's small miracles are felt and experienced. God Bless.

No comments: