Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2005




When You Say Goodbye to Friendship



I have realized that clichés such as accept your friends as who they are is a statement irregardless of the situation, a thing of the world. I have this friend once who I thought will bring me out of the darkness of self-destruction and led me to light. I trusted this friend with my whole heart and I thought this friend knows my very needs. As we both journey through this friendship, we've shared too many experiences, the fun, the war and spending boring hours doing things together. However, this friend of mine is only human as I am human. I have wronged him and he has wronged me. Until the time came as we journey in this friendship, we came across a forked road. He wants to go this way, I want to go that way. In this confusing world of worldly standards, it is God only whom we can lay down all our relationships and that includes our friendship. God shows when our friendship ends with a person in order to move forward. God does not identify us with our past and that includes the people we are involved with. God cares about out present and He molds us according to His purpose in you and along the way - some things have to be given up and some things have to be acquired and maintained as long as it is helpful for you to move on and it includes our friends.

To you my very dear friend, I miss the times that we're together but I guess that this is the time when we say, "Do I still know you?". I have always thought that it is I who only felt that way, I'm glad that God has revealed to me that you felt that way too. Truly, God only had the best plans for our individual lives. Wherever you may be, I still pray for you and may God bless you. Until then, who knows maybe our paths will cross again? God only knows.

P.S. "To my friends who had the feeling who knows this friend, please keep this message to yourself. Just leave a comment if you want to say anything."

No comments: