Pages

Monday, April 11, 2005




A Very Long Weekend - Tired in Westin Plaza



When we got back to Manila, we stayed at Frank's place for a while. I'm supposed to go to Megamall after that but John invited me to Westin Plaza to meet a friend. We had lunch (Nilibre ako ni John!) and by 1:30 we were at the hotel. Minutes later his friend came and we went into the office of someone's whose in-charge of the whole thing they are going to do. As I learned later, John's lady friend works for Globe and she's going to evaluate the weak signal spots in the entire Westin Plaza. First we got to the pavillion, enjoying the view of the beach and the people sun bathing in there, mostly foreigners. After the pavillion, we got to EVERY floor of Westin Plaza to survey for weak signals. On the 10th floor, I was so tired, I decided to go back into the lobby and take a nap. When I woke up, I saw John and his friend coming toward my direction. I guess they were done. I looked at my cellphone, I must've slept for an hour. We rode a jeepney to Vito Cruz and we departed with John's friend at LRT. Meanwhile John and I passed by SM Manila to watch "Sahara" starring Matthew McConaughey and Penelope Cruz. It was a feel-good movie, I wish I could be in one adventure even if just once in my entire life. After that we have dinner and we decided to watch Closer - an eye-opening story about what is love in terms of sex and fidelity. The roles were played by starling actors like Julia Roberts (Pretty Woman, Notting Hill), Clive Owen (King Arthur), Jude Law (Alfie, Talented Mr. Ripley) and Natalie Portman (Cold Mountain, Star Wars). It was about 11 o' clock when I got back. I was so tired, my stomach aches and I really want to go flat on the mat and sleep as soon as I lay there.

A Very Long Weekend III will be continued...

No comments: