Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Reloaded

I have been thinking of posting again in Andy's Undies. It has been almost a year since I went into hiatus due to some personal stuff going in me. Out of my silent and dumb moments, I just decided to write again.

For most of my readers (if I have one in the first place), Andy's Undies is known as a collection of my spiritual reflections. I do post some personal stuff or stuff that interest me but I kept them to a minimum. But I guess now, Andy's Undies expands to different interests which reflects also the other aspects of my [melancholic] personality.

Aside from being spiritual (not religious okay), I am also into a lot of things which the Christian world horribly despise as secular - like rock music for example. The church is quite divided on incorporating rock music into church services.

The past year has been quite interesting for me. I have indulged into a lot of new things. Last year, I bought a DSLR camera, a Nikon D60 which I absolutely love and explored my love for photography. It has been fulfilling being exposed to the photography ghetto and learning photography ghetto-speak like apertures, exposures, white balance,bokeh, etc. Also being involved in a camera club is quite an experience too. But a year forward, I decided to stay away from the "ghetto" and explored photography on my own. Sure, I can learn from the experience of others but I believe that photography is really a personal journey, where you can be creative in your pictures using your own style.

Last year, I decided to learn to play basketball. I have never learned to play basketball growing up because maybe I was such an anti-social obscure kid. LOL. But I longed to play growing up but just can't (for some unexplainable reason). I grabbed a few guys like myself and hired a coach to teach us how to play. After a few months, the coach that we hired can't train us anymore since he had an upcoming league to supervise. Right in time, a friend volunteered to teach us. Fast forward, we're now a team.

So many things to tell but I'd reserve it next time. Had other things to do for this day.

No comments: