Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

Crossing the Bridge

I took a leave from work today. I woke up with a runny nose, slight headache, a fever and gnashy feeling against my throat. I looked on my cellphone to check what time is it. It's alrady 8AM. I overslept. I went to the bathroom to pee and looked in the mirror to say "You look good, today." But nothing came out. I lost my voice... and I'm not convinced I looked good either.


A la Pavarotti
12 hours rewind, I was in the church in VCF Galleria. The worship team played Leeland's, "Beautiful Lord", one of my favorite contemporary christian songs. Back then, my throat was already dry with a slight "raspy" feeling but I forced myself to sing kasi paboritong kanta ko nga, parang pag suki mong kanta sa bidjoke, lagi mo siya kinakanta. The determined singer that I am was sure to hit the high notes on that quick transpose to the song's bridge... I did it ... broke into slur in a gay-ish falsetto, and spitting loads of saliva to the person in front of me. The guy beside me gave that WTF look.

Of course, I kept it cool. (But no I didn't) I pretended that I was just into passionate worship. Who could argue with that? Quoting Giuseppe Povia, "No one can tell a man who he is at his core.". LOL. Anyway, I couldn't speak without hurting my throat after that.

I haven't drank anything special to ease off the pain or took some medicine. I am well rested now and drank lots of water. Thanks to my friends who barrage me with SMS wishing me to get well, drink a lot of water and pineapple juice, not to eat fastfood food.

No comments: