Pages

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Late Night Moonshell


LRT
It was like 9:15 PM when I left the gym today. My whole body was still alert preparing for some iron action so I treated myself with a handful of nuts and gatorade to feed these hungry muscles. I was on my way to LRT trudging along Quirino Avenue. I saw some guys playing basketball and somehow I wish I could play but I was kind of tired and I still have work tomorrow at 8.

I hurried myself climbing up the stairs of LRT, quite anxious that I might miss the last train but I was glad I'm just on time. By the time I was by the platform, the last train came. I entered and tried to settle down (or up) and relaxed my mind, feeling the tiredness of the day. In front of me was a girl sleeping. Her hands were clinging around her mother's arms and her mouth was half-open. Her hair was blown slightly by the weak air-conditioned breeze issued from the LRT vents. Her face was a picture of calm, of rest and comfort. I strongly felt God's presence in that child and I thank God that even in the midst of our busyness, when we turn to God we can be rested, still and quiet. He said in Psalm 46:10, "Be still and know I am God"... What a truth to behold!

I arrived home here at CH by 10:30 and feeling so tired physically. I brushed my teeth and I heard my friends at BP coming downstairs. We shared small talks until they go home. Tomorrow, I will be facing a new day - I might to the same thing but each day will be a day of rest when you are before God's presence. The world tires you but in God, you will be refreshed.

No comments: