Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

What Can I Give?

It's Christmas and it's everywhere!

From the cold winds brought about by the easterly wave hitting our country (Philippines) to the children singing carols, from the songs we hear from the radio to the grandiose christmas lights ornating the neighborhood houses, no one can deny that Christmas is here!

Gift-giving among friends, co-workers, peace-making with enemies, parties here and there, bonuses for employees, shopping during midnight sales, and thinking if we were to receive gifts - we are so saturated with these things and more often than not we are left exhausted physically, mentally (as well as our wallets) with the hurly burly of events. When Christmas will be over, we are left in a daze and wondered if any of these things have really happened. We are so caught up with the frenzy that everyone is doing and has not realized even for just a moment what Christmas really brought.

Why am I saying this? Because right now, I'm so enmeshed with many things that accompanies this season and I realized that I felt lost and somehow lost "in touch" with what is important and things that mattered most.

What is Christmas?

The 3 gospels provided similar accounts that on an eve where that particular star was the brightest, Jesus was born. And as I reflected on the essence of Jesus' birth there are times that I want to cry... because Jesus came for me, he came for us. In that silent night, in such ragged and humble state, Jesus came devoid of his divine glory for us. And Jesus lived not in a life of comfort, he helped many people and freed them from the sin that binds them yet he was misunderstood and persecuted. If any man were Jesus, he would have broken down but he was firm in his purpose of coming and that's for us!

And so this eve of 25, I encouraged us to pray and be thankful for what Jesus has done - to thank Him for his coming ro free us from the bondage of sin brought about by our humanness. Thank him for robe of righteousness that makes us holy and acceptable to God.




This Jaci Velasquez' spanish version of "I'll Get On My Knees", "De Creer En Ti"... just feel the song (even if you don't understand Spanish, neither do I? LOL) God Bless!

No comments: