Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Thank You, My Jesus

Last night, I was scrambling through my minus one tapes/CDs. I just realized I have only a week to prepare for MDD Convention Solo singing contest! I have already chosen two songs which are "Lead Me Lord" and "To the Ends of the Earth" and never practiced them using a microphone. I just sang along and left it unmemorized. I still need another song since I was told to prepare 3 songs. So,I was scrambling through my CDs and found Gary V's "Revive". I got my CD player and my headphones and listened to the songs which I might well, be inclined to sing. When Gary V's rendition of "The Reason", originally sung by David Meece came, I was instantly in "meditate mode"... and there I found myself by the foot of the cross and back to the cave in Bethlehem. I was led into a realization that it was for ME that Jesus was born. It was for ME that Jesus died on the cross. I liked it very much when Gary added his own lyrics as bridge, it says:
Everytime I see the cross
I'm reminded that He gave us life
For you and me

and can't help tears flowing from eyes. Gary ends the song with very soulful adlibs of "Thank you, my Jesus... You're worthy to be praised..." and I was mouthing the words like it came from my own mouth or was it rather it was my heart that was speaking. When the song was over, I was still crying, and felt God's spirit moving in me and I thanked God for a hundredth time, "Thank you for sending Jesus Christ to save me" though I know not even I would say it infinitely would be enough for what Christ has done on the cross.

No comments: