Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Trusting God

Trusting God is something which goes beyond our feelings. It takes faith to believe that God will do something even if it seems so impossible provided the situation we are into, the feelings we felt, the resources present and others.

Last Sunday morning, I have experienced this in our church. The day before that, Saturday, I went to our church to practice for Praise and Worship the next day. I was the one asked by our pastor to lead. Well, I got there quite late, 30 minutes to be exact and found out, I was the first one to arrive. To make the practice easier when other band mates arrive, I prepared the song line-up for myself, and for my band mates. I even rehearsed the sequence of my songs and was quite ready. Thirty minutes passed and the drummer arrived. We still have to wait for other band mates. It was 9:00 and no one came so I decided to go home and told our drummer to tell our other band mates to come early tomorrow.

Well Sunday morning came, and I was early but no one came. Hours passed and still no one came. I felt pressure forming inside and I was so angry with my bandmates calling them irresponsible. My pastor talked to me about it and he said I could sing few familiar songs so that people can sing without accompaniment. He doesn't understand. I have prepared well, the songs to be sung, they are chosen cause they have soemthing in common. I had adlibs and bible verse quotations and changing the whole thing would mean disaster. I'm not that good in instant performances! I can't think clearly with all these things bugging me so I went inside our church parsonage and prayed. I said,
"Lord God, I don't want something disastrous to happen. If I will change anything, it will be ruined. You know you have called me into this ministry and it's my duty to bless people by singing to You. Lord, make us victorious. We don't want Satan laughing at us."


And by the mention of that phrase, I felt the temper rising from my head and I started practicing my adlibs. My band mates arrived just in time for our Praise and Worship and I can't afford to look at them or even speak to them. If I had, I might've yelled at them. But I felt God is really in control so I went to the stage and do my thing.

What I expected to be a disaster is the best Praise and Worship experience I have in our church. Everything fits perfectly into place: the timing, the right entrance for adlibs. It felt well and people were singing loudly and I felt God's annointing during the experience.

I thanked God and this experience will be one of the most profound things God has done in my life. If you let go and let God take care of everything, all will be perfect. God Bless.

No comments: