Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2005




Night of Worship



I waited anxiously as 7 o' clock drew near. I was at B115, Row A, Seat#21 at Araneta Coliseum waiting what everybody else is waiting. Reuben Morgan and the Sun Project Band will be performing in a few minutes and I could feel the excitement in the air as few minutes till doomsday pass by.

Weeks ago, when I told my friends that I'm going to Reuben Morgan's concert, they ask, "Who is Reuben Morgan?". In secular music, Reuben Morgan is unheard of. Only a few artists such as Jars of Clay, Sixpence None The Richer, Stacie Orrico, Steven Curtis Chapman, Amy Grant are known in the secular music world. Most Christians if not all know Reuben Morgan as one of the musicians (he's playing the guitar) in Hillsong P&W Team based in Sydney, Australia. Above all, he's a very great composer. Most of his songs are the ones most Christian churches sing today in their respective churches. By the way, I'm really grateful to Shepherd's Voice who brought RM and his team here. (Bo! You're the man!!!)

Reuben Morgan Concert pics
My Concert Pics


When RM got on stage, people got on their feet ready to praise and worship God. RM was singing his new songs from his latest solo album. When the 1st part ended, RM introduced us to his band. There are three of them, 2 guitarist and a drummer (the producer, who's a very cool guy - he's got an Aussie-British accent and he tried so hard speaking in American accent) He went along saying that this concert is just one of his series of concert all over Asia. His group just came from Jakarta and Manila is their second stop. Next, they'll be going to Japan and their last stop will be Singapore. The proceeds from this concert will go to the "Sun Project" - a mission group that aims to bring music and hope to poor contries who desperately need the love of Jesus.

When the 2nd part started, people were on their feet again, cheering and screaming. Everybody was clapping, jumping and lifting hands to God as RM sang his hit compositions in the Hillsong album. Songs like "Hosanna (What The Lord Has For Me)", "Eagle's Wings" haven't failed to touch our hearts. I was really excited to sing "Still", RM's composition in the album, "Hope". It is one of my current favorite songs. When it finally came, I feel the Holy Spirit coming over the place like fresh wave of air and all my attention was to God. As I spread my hand, I could feel an amazing communion with Him. It seems as if the world was gone and it's only between me and God alone. God revealed to me during that song that even if everything would be in chaos - your life, the nation you are with, He will be there to lift us up and soar with Him above the storm. With Him we can be still and there will be an inner peace even the world cannot explain. Later, on what seemed like a heavenly experience, I heard a hug choir of what seemed like angels. I realized that RM et al has stopped playing and all I hear were the people's voices. I opened my eyes and saw the people, their eyes closed, lifting their hands to God, singing the song as if it was their own peronal prayer. It was overwhelming! I believe that God really spoke to each heart soul that was there. From the stage to the highest upper box, we sound as one nation worshipping the Lord.

RM's concert ended with a blast as his band played "My Redeemer Lives" and when people called out for more, RM's band went back to stage to play "So Close". It was the night that will be forever etched in my mind. That night, I renewed my commitment to God to serve Him through music. I believe what He has planted in me is so great. So great that no man can uproot. God Bless You all!

No comments: