Pages

Friday, October 29, 2004



Tales of Sampaguita and Lechon Gravy



Last Wednesday morning, I woke up very early to have my breakfast and to workout. I'm supposed to meet a friend to join him in his show's promo at Magandang Tanghali Bayan : Ang Saya Saya. I woke up at 5, ate breakfast and by 7, I ws already at the gym pumping all my muscles out. Then out of nowhere, a strong scent of fragrant sampaguitas wafted across the sweat-stenched room. My instant reaction brought me to my memory when I was reading Philippine Ghost Stories. A writer mentioned there that when you smelled flowers from nowhere, it is an omen of death. It maybe your death or death to someone close to you. It freaked me out instantly so I immediately checked if someone brought sampaguitas or if someone was using a sampaguita scented perfume but there is none. The peculiar thing is, it seems that no one seems to mind the scent which might be irritating to ones nose. The smell lingered for almost 3 - 5 minutes. And when it was gone, I remembered that my dad will be arriving in Manila that day in a Philippine Airlines flight. So I immediately stopped for a while and prayed for everyone I knew, including my loved ones for protection. I am not superstitious but this time, I am cause I really freaked out. Last week, my roommate also had a freaky paranormal experience. We were riding in an FX, and suddenly someone texted him and asked him if he was riding in an FX, wearing a brown shirt and carrying a red bag. Yes, he did and he texted back and asked her where is she located? Is she riding a bus ahead of us that she saw us at that time? Her reply freaked Butch out of his wits. She told him that she just woke up and the thought suddenly came into her mind. She was really disturbed that's why she texted him. Scary right? Well at almost 11, I was really worried my father hadn't texted me yet. He supposed to arrive at 10:30. Finally the text came saying that he just arrived and is now on his way to Makati Medical Center to have his check-up.

Well, fast forward that day to yesterday. After my exam at Canon Information tech., my friend Monch, texted me that he needs me as his PA (Personal Assistant) for the play "All About Men : Penis Talks", in which he is one of the Production Coordinators. I will be paid 500 for that night. I immediately took a quick dinner, went home, get dressed and went to Music Museum. When I got there, everything was in frenzy and I was asked to bring lechon to the receptionists. After putting all the lechon bits in a paper plate, I immediately looked for the gravy. I find it lying inside a plastic cellophane and I got it and untied the knot. Suddenly I realized that something was dripping on my polo. God! It was the gravy. The plastic has a hole underneath and all the liquid flowed on my polo, down along my pants and into my shoes. The floor was now wet with gravy and some people were starting to stare at me. Fortunately, another PA and a model helped me with the mess. While i went to the CR to clean myself. They cleaned the place too. My work was a PA was so enjoyable and the rest of the evening went fine.

No comments: