Pages

Saturday, October 02, 2004

andy matrix



Looking for Something for Nothing


It all started when I checked my ATM account and found out that my dad added a few bucks in there. Happy as I am, I went to the my usual Saturday strolling at Megamall to buy myself something new. I was thinking of a new polo... Yesterday was the first day of sale at Ever Gotesco Ortigas and I really like the blue striped polo for sale at Bench. Since I do not have much money left, I decided not to buy it even though Butch insisted that he would lend me money if I want to. Now, I was thinking that I could find a similar polo at Bench Megamall.

After lunch, something came and instead I was itching for a new Christmas CD. Last Sunday, I bought this Christmas musical called "Everlasting Light", it was good but I was really disappointed since the musical style was so 80's and the voices of the choir was quite ordinary and the soloists' voices were a bit old-fashioned. Though, I loved one song in there and it's called "Little Yeshua" . It's a song of Joseph for his earthly son Jesus. Wish, I could sing that song someday at a musical.
Anyway, so after lunch, I decided to go at Praise Music Main Branch at Panay Avenue (near ABS-CBN). When I got there I couldn't find a CD that will suit my taste. I was looking for the CD wish contained an african feel of "Sing Noel" and "Go, Tell It On The Mountain" but the saleslady said that they didn't have the CD. Quite frustrated, I went back to Megamall to resume reading "Rich Dad, Poor Dad". After reading and it was like 5:05 in the afternoon, I decided to look for that polo design at Bench. Well, there were polos on sale but that design was not there. Instead, I took my dinner. After dinner, I visited Levi's, Penshoppe but the polos did not suit my taste. Well, there are those nifty ones at Arrow but Hello! They cost 4000 a piece!!! So my interest wavered so I decided to go home.

I took the route via Podium and when I got there, I decided to roam around. Arrow has polos for sale and they cost 600-800 only, so I decided to try some but unfortunately the sizes were bigger than me. Mostly were L or XL or XXL, I never realized that my body would shrink so much that I would fit in an M size already. Which is flattering .. hehehe...

When I went back downstairs, I came across with the San Miguel Master Chorale practicing for their show later. When I came in, I was really irritated with their rendition of "The Circle of Life"... with those voice-stimulated sounds to mimic the sounds of animals in the jungle that overpowered the voice of the soloist. Anyway, everything changed cause I fouund out that they are selling CDs. Without hesitation, I bought one (which only costs 280) and stayed for the show. The show turned out very good, I would have given them a 30-second standing ovation. I was feeling very nostalgic remembering our concert with the Himig Singers exactly a year ago three days from now. So I texted Maria Lyn (who will be heading to Canada rhis Monday with the group) about the concert. I finally get to see the likes of Eudy Palaruan (who conducts the group) whose name I came across with the pieces we sang at Himig and of course the Philippine's David Foster, Ryan Cayabyab who composed and arranged all the songs in the CD. Well anyway, after the show, I mustered all the guts in me and went to the stage and have Mr. C sign my CD. Well he did! He asked my name and he put a short message on the CD cover.

Well, this is not a bad day after all. I got what I wanted a CD with good singers in it and by the way, the polo will come later. Maybe it's not the time yet. :)

No comments: