Pages

Monday, October 18, 2004



One Ordinary Day



The alarm clock sounded and I was still partly asleep. It was 7:00 am. I looked at my side and noticed that my roommate is not home yet. He usually arrives by 6 or 6:30 am. I turned the alarm off and dozed off for another 30 minutes. I got up, prayed, washed my face and went to Ginno's Pares to have breakfast.

Since Monday is my weight-training day so I ordered eggs. 3 to be exact ... Everytime I go there, there was this crew who always give his silly grin whenever I came. I don't know if he finds me funny but it's not amusing me either. I have this urge to ask him why would he grin everytime I speak to take my order. Whatever the reason is I don't know. I don't like Monday mornings ... whenever I wake up, I see people hurrying here and there, catching up with jeepneys or FXs to go to Ayala or Ortigas... There are late comers too... I know that office hours starts at 8:00 but I see some of them still queuing even if it's past 8 ... If you are one of them ... then change yourself.

Anyway, I went back to my room and washed my gym clothes and after that bought some distilled water. I had difficulty walking today ... I think I have sprained my right foot. It started last week as a negligible pain but now it got worse. Maybe I should let the doctor see it. Anyway, I read Men's health magazine while enteratining to some texts ... mostly from stalkers ... hehehe ... By 11, my roommate came in a very bad mood, mumbling about something and complained that he will have less sleep this time. He still have to go back to work at 8. We talked a little. I turned off the lights. Get my gym things ready and took off to take my lunch. I had my lunch at Chowking ... As usual, I ordered Fish w/ Tausi Large and with Iced Tea ... Nothing happened much ... but I ate my food using Chopsticks ... I'm very glad it's so easy to use it this time ... I've been practicing using it since last week ... I just hope that I could eat using chopsticks as fast as I can.

Before going to the gym, I bought a Sundae Cone at McDonalds then proceeded to the Gym. I was using the treadmill and found out that my feet really hurts. I went to my usual Back, Shoulders, Biceps routine and at 2 pm, I went back to my room. I stopped by at a nearby grocery store to by Moo ... Men's Health mag says you should drink a high-carb, hi-protein drink after a workout to replenish your energy. Anyway, when i got there, i was very sleepy and quickly dozed off. At 4;30 i woke up and noticed roomie was still there. He is supposed to wake up at 4:00 to prepare for his work but I suppose he must be really tired. I quietly got up, took a bath, get dressed and went to Megamall for my check-up. I rode an FX ... and the music that greeted me was Tuesday Vargas' "Huwag Po, Huwag Po..." .... it was funny and it lifted my spirits somehow ... nakaka-LSS. When i got there at SM, it was 5;30 pm. I had my early dinner before check up. The check up was finished at 7:40 pm ... and I decided to go home ... my feet really hurts like hell. I passed by Galleria first and browsed some magazines ... but I became hungry so I ate again. At almost 9, I rode a bus and went home ... And so here I am, in this internet cafe, just below our gym and a few blocks from my room writing this story for you.

Ordinary days may be boring but hey it's a day ... and everyday is a sort of an unexplored adventure...

No comments: