Pages

Monday, July 05, 2004

andy matrix



Hideous!



The night before I departed back to Manila, my sister finally made me watch "The Call", our local church presentation last Christmas. I looked forward seeing my performance as singer and whether I'd make it as a singing pop star (char mo chak!). Well after the 2nd song in the repertoire, I waited intently at the third song which is my solo. I hid my face with a pillow, I don't want to see what I look like. However, voice-wise, I was really satistfied with my voice. My months with the HIMIG surely did pay off... I was really good with the low, baritonish notes ... I removed the pillow from my face and woah!!!!! The biggest man in Earth is right in front of my face ... I was several pounds bigger on screen and remembered correctly that I really looked skinny even during Christmas... and so I think of myself maybe real singers are too skinny in personal since they looked okay in TV... Guess I have many pounds to lose. And so back to the story, the part came when a choir is supposedly to sing the part in which, however our musical director made me do it solo since we don't have a decent choir to do it. It was so obvious in the video that I was straining, my voice really quavered and uneven ... it was totally disastrous. If Jimmy Santos was there holding his gong, then it would have sounded... However many people still think I did great... anyway, the botttom point is, I make poeple entertained, right? Okay ... so let's proceed. The next song I sang was a duet. It was more relaxed and I guess it's the best performance of all my songs in there... And then finalé came. Waah!!!! I really regret the ad-lib gestures I did ... the facial expressions are soooo fake and even the hand movements seemed restrained and I was soooo big. Well, I can't do about it, can I? It's me in there and I can't change that. Well, watching the video ... I realized that "marami pa akong kakaining bigas". Truly, I realized the hardships Sarah G. or Eric Santos went through to be in the place where they're at right now... oh well, life goes on for Andy.

No comments: