Pages

Tuesday, March 09, 2004

andy matrix


John Clements



An unexpected event in my job hunting happened to me last Tuesday. I was bound for Makati to submit my resumés to Accenture Technology Solutions and to Personal Staffers, a division of John Clements. Well, that was only a day, quite an ordinary day I think, no heart-pounding interview schedules and to top it all, the dress-to-kill preparations ... just an ordinary day. So, I only wore my checkered copper-blue polo matched with blue pants and brown shoes.
I was sweating as I was cruising my way along Ayala Ave. The weather was so humid. Summer is fast approaching here in Metro Manila, I think.(and to add with that, I traveled unknown routes making my progress a little bit slower). I arrived at Philippine Stock Exchange only to find out that Accenture is located at the other bldg., the Makati Stock Exchange. It was a breeze. I later walked further to LKG Tower to go to John Clements. In my mind I was thinking of going to Megamall afterwards and watch "Lost in Translation" and eat a large cup of Blizzard Black Forest (Yum, yum). Ah... what a good day to relax! As I arrived at the John Clements, dripping with sweat, I gave the resumé to the guard. I was thinking of leaving the place but the guard told me to stay and wait for my name to be called. In my mind, "What's this? Will there be an interview and I looked like ... a total mess!" Well, a lady staff called me and asked me of the position I'm applying for. Unfortunately, the job (an ECE related job) did not match with my qualifications so I was for short (can go SM, yehey!) but she asked me if I would be interested to work at a Call center. (Hmm... a call center! I still can't get over with my interview ast C-Cube... well I think I just give it another try and practice my English, a bit). Half-heartedly, I agreed. She called her co-staff named Cleo to assist me. Cleo has a very nice, kind of exciting voice so it was nice talking to her. I have the verbal exams, application forms filled. In my mind I was still thinking, "This is absurd, I should be at Megamall at this moment" At 1:15, I finished my exam and I was very hungry. I told Cleo, it would be better for me to finish all series of examinations and interviews and have my lunch later. But Cleo told me that it would take time for my papers to be checked so she insisted that I should take my lunch first and go back at 2:15 for my typing exam and the final interview. I took it as a hint that she herself is hungry too. What an insensitive me!
Well, I came back at 2:00 and waited for Cleo to call my name. However an hour passed and she haven't called me yet. The other applicants who came after me were the ones called first. This is unfair and I was mumbling to myself. Another applicant for a Marketing position beside me also complained with the wait. After a moment, a pretty lady dressed all in black called my name and she told me to come with her for an interview. The interview didn't went well in my perspective. Though I'm glad, I spoke good English but I sound less enthusiastic. After that, she told me that they haven't checked my papers yet and they'll just call me after theyhave the evaluation. I knew they weren't, judging the tone of her voice and her gestures. I felt bad, I shouldn't have let my complains and distracting thoughts dampened my spirit in the interview. Well, what's over is over and who knows they might call. Right? I've had my share the rest of the day, meeting with my friend, Jonah. It was a good day after all.

No comments: