Pages

Tuesday, March 30, 2004

andy matrix


Beautiful


Last week, there was a mega-job fair at SM Megamall. Lots of new unemployed graduates swarmed outside the Megamall Hall Trade 3 and waited for the opening of the job fair, which started almost by 11 o' clock (instead of the scheduled 10, Pilipino time talaga!). I applied with various companies such as Photocircuits, Cebu Pacific, Sharp, MSI-Digiland and some call centers as Technical Support Representative. A while ago, before the job fair opening. I called link2support, a call center company to be interviewed by my contact person named Eric. However, Eric was not around so I was interviewed by RA, who answered the phone when I called. The conversation went smoothly even though I gave wrong answers (especially in the technical ones) and to conclude our conversation she scheduled me for an exam on Monday, 1 o' clock PM. Later after that ROHM Apollo called and told me that I'm scheduled for the company orientation on Monday at 9 o' clock. I told them that I was finished with the orientation a month ago but they insisted. With a rather heavy heart, I decided not to go there and instead go for the exam in Link2support.
Monday came and I was feeling a little feverish. I felt I have a sinusitis that hasn't started yet. By 8, I started getting ready ... and to make the story short I arrived at link2support 5 minutes before 1. In just a little while, the HR personnel ushered me and the other applicants to the examination workstation for the online exam. The online exam was divided on 3 categories namely Customer Service, Technical Knowledge and Verbal ability. The verbal ability test was further divided into 3 sub-categories namely Grammar, Conversational English and Spelling. The exam went well and I did best with Spelling with 73.3% while doing quite bad with Grammar with 43.33%. The next exam was the phone interview. This interview was designed to test how I sound in phone. This was my most favorite of all the exams because I have fun imitating the interviewer as she made me to repeat what she's saying. Lastly, was the panel interview. I did bad at first, my ideas were like falling out into place. I apologized to the panel but I'm glad they were considerate. Later on, the interview went smoother and I was a bit enthusiastic. After the interview, I went to the Multi-Purpose Hall and wait for the results. Later, a personnel who introduced himself as Bryan called me and led me to a deserted room. He asked me to sit down and I thought that this would another interview and unfortunately it wasn't. He handed me a paper - a contract about my training which will start in Monday until Apr 23. I was very happy with the news that I didn't take note with what was written in the contract. I read the terms and asked a few questions. After all the talking, he congratulated me and wished me good luck on Monday.
I finally have a training and if I do good, I would get the job as Product Support Representative. Wow! I really praised God because I did not expect this. I thought I would not make it as a candidate for training. I was really happy because after 3 months of searching, I have the job to look forward to and get busy! I called my tatay and nanay and they were happy about the news. They told me to drink vitamins and medicines when the training starts so that I'll be healthy.
When I got back home in Cavite I told my two friends Butch gamay and Dako about the news. They reacted quite different because it means that I have to leave them and move. But they were happy, I guess.
Personally, I find myself in a crossroad. I'm excited yet anxious. Excited because I've got new things to do - a training and a ministry at the church I attend regularly but anxious since I will be exposed to a new world - new people and a new place. I also feel sad since I'll be leaving my friends, that I'll always look forward to chat with every night. But, I think that God allowed all of this so that the events will shape my character. Sometimes, I get very impatient and ask God why and why. I complained a lot but truly God makes all things beautiful in His time.

No comments: