Pages

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Clueless


God is...
Yesterday, when I (we, including my two other housemates who were with me)got home, I found three other housemates in a very heated debate. When I got to investigate, they are talking about the usual debate about "Christianity" and all its loopholes... The thing that they discussed when we arrived was

"What if a Buddhist who lived and died growing up in his faith without hearing the gospel of Christ, will he go to heaven?" or

"If God knows who to be saved or if He knows that all human beings will not be saved, why would He create us in the first place?"... or

"When is salvation a sure thing in your life?" or "When can you say you are saved? If I sin again will I be saved?"

Inside me was a longing, bursting out what faith and salvation God has given me... and in my reckless atempt to justify my stand, amidst all the rebuttal, I resorted to anger taking the question personally on the other person... God is with me and I know him personally, I have to fight in what I believe. But my heart was somehow called by God to mellow down and stop. When all was over, as I was lying on my bed, I was thinking of what has transpired and I realized that during our discussion, we "boxed" God in our compartments called our minds... I admit, I was really flushed out, my housemates are all very intellectually knowledgeable about religion, of concepts about God but again, as I was there in my bed thinking, God really spoke to me as if He was whispering in my ear, "What you know about me is nothing compared to who I really am" and I prayed saying my apologies to God, "God I'm sorry for all of us, we may have blasphemed you in the process and sorry for compartmentalizing you in our limited thoughts"

Today when I woke up, God comforted me in His word found in 1 Peter 3:17, it says:

13(W)Who is there to harm you if you prove zealous for what is good?

14But even if you should (X)suffer for the sake of righteousness, (Y)you are blessed (Z)AND DO NOT FEAR THEIR INTIMIDATION, AND DO NOT BE TROUBLED,

15but [a]sanctify (AA)Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready (AB)to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the (AC)hope that is in you, yet (AD)with gentleness and (AE)reverence;

16and keep a (AF)good conscience so that in the thing in which (AG)you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ will be put to shame.

17For (AH)it is better, (AI)if God should will it so, that you suffer for doing what is right rather than for doing what is wrong.


Yup I am zealous for God and the hope that He has put into my heart. And it's not my goal to win over an argument about God. I am to share the hope of living and walking in God and it is God who will shame or change those who are genuinely seeking Him. To give you guys a parting thought, let me share a testimony of faith of a guy in "My Utmost for His Highest" worship musical:

Faith is not a question of DEBATE or REASONING. It is an ABSOLUTE and IRREVOCABLE SURRENDER, a SHUTTING OUT of every other consideration and keeeping one's self before God for this one thing only, MY UTMOST for his Highest.

No comments: