Pages

Friday, April 21, 2006

Simple Moments with God

I just came from the gym, feeling slightly tired from the usual exercise routine and at the same listening to the Katinas' "Lifestyle" album. I was mouthing the lyrics of the song, "Eagle's Wings" and deep in my heart, I made them my prayer,

"Here I am waiting, abide in me, I pray. Here I am longing for you...",

And I thought personally, my life is quite bland: I don't have job yet, I do God's work but I felt I'm not supported and I felt tired and discouraged.

"Hide me in your love, bring me to your my knees. May I know Jesus more and more"

and when the chorus came, a gust of breeze blew against me, and the rays of the sun played on my face and the music went, "Come breathe in me... all my life take over..." and felt God's breath literally blowing on me and I felt so light and still walking. The ordinary street felt like a highway of light to God's presence. "Come live in me and I will rise on eagle's wings..." I felt God's love and comfort over me and I know He's telling me, my life is in His hands though you may not understand with what is happening in your life today.

He is calling you today to live a life walking along His path. It's not about being a Christian, it's not about religion or knowing doctrines. It is having a personal relationship with God. I first thought that if I were to follow God and forsake my own dreams and ambitions, the old ways I kept dear, my life would be boring, my friends may not understand the new found faith I'm walking. It took me long before I let go and be "swept away". My life might be simpler now, but what great joy it is to walk with God! My life is never boring and I felt I walk before a great adventure God has planned for me. It is my prayer that you know God - not the God your parents might tell you, not the God your church tells you, not the lies and the scandal the church might have today - but God as the intimate lover of your soul and the Son who saved you from sin.

No comments: