Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2005




Worship is ... A Lifestyle



When I first joined the weekly Bible study meetings with TI employees at Sir John's house in Loakan, Kuya Mike gave me a compilation of praise and worship songs. As I was listening, most of the songs are sung by one artists - though there are Hillsongs UK and Don Moen, most of the songs are sung a buy a group of guys with voices-you-want-to-have. I do my research and asked Kuya Mike who those artists are and I've learned they are "The Katinas" and the songs are taken from their live worship album, "Lifestyle". Last Monday, I went to House and Praise to buy a copy (discounted!) and I'm so ... what can I say? So blessed with the passion these brothers have for singing songs to God. In the album, most of the songs they sing are popularized by several Christian artists like Don Moen, Reuben Morgan, etc.

The Katinas
The Katinas


At the end of the album, one of the brothers made a short exhortation about what praise and worship really is. It is not singing songs to God. It is a daily walk with God, in what we do, with what we watch, with what we think about. It is a lifestyle. Sometimes we Christians are only 'Sunday Christians'. During the rest of the week, we go back to the ways of the world. It is a challenge to us Christians to pray and ask for God's grace to be able to walk in His ways every step of the way.

Visit "The Katinas" website: www.thekatinas.com

No comments: