Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2005




Another Weekend



My friend Ryan and I met today at their office near Siena College in QC. This guy is currently into robots. That's his business nowadays and he's hoping they could distribute these robots in schools for educational purposes and of course for entertainment. When I got into their office, Choes showed me the robots he assembled. He even let me see how some of those work. This picture I have below plays golf. Depending on where you place your hand near which sensor attached to, the range of its swing varies. Pretty cool, huh! I do really pray, my friend can make it big. He will be going to Singapore this Aug 22 to take a qualification exam regarding operatorship with these robots.


Chua


By 12, we left the office and we walked a few distance to Banaue street. Ryan will be treating me to a mini "shabu-shabu"... Is it about drugs? No! Basing on what I've heard it's a restaurant where you cook yourself the food you will eat. Interesting! Well, when we got there, the waiter ushered us to the table with a hole at the middle. Under the hole is a heater where you will put the "kaldero" with the broth in it. The waiter placed a plate with an assortment of vegetables like cabbage, carrots, mushrooms, "gabi", corn, meat like crab meat, fish balls, sotanghon, noodles, tofu and some chopped onion leaves, garlic and chilli. We ordered fat beef as our main meat. We started to "experiment" how to cook, bringing the broth into simmer then putting the chopped ones. Next we put the beef, then the vegetables... I'm really wondering how'd it turn. I had fun stirring so far. Then lastly we put the noodles and finished with an egg. Finally we had a "Fat Beef Shabu-Shabu"... We tasted, boy! It tastes terrific! It was so delicious and the vegetable were cooked just right!

No comments: