Pages

Friday, May 11, 2007

The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow

All this confusing weather patterns here in Metro Manila has gotten into my system. That's the reason why I'm not at work and instead I'm just sitting here feeling a little heavy, colds, cough and sore throat infecting my body with unremitting boredom just lying on my bed. So I got up and opened the PC and write here to rant.

Good morning to all! How are you my loyal readers? Me, I'm fine just a little sick though but all together in good mental condition (hopefully since work is driving me insane with all those printing errors).

Yesterday, some of my housemates and I watched this small play in Edsa Shangri-la Mall. It's title "Ang Kagila-gilalas na Pangyayari sa Baranggay Matimyas", and it's brought by Trumpets, one of the major Chrsitian theater groups here in the country. I thought at first it was a play about some major crime that has happened in a small barangay but no, it's about how Christ changed the people in the barangay and live meaningful lives. There was Maybelyn, a small "labandera" who doesn't pay her dues; Aling Barbra who is the filthy-rich landlady and other characters as well, like this guy who's drug pushing to pay for his tuition, a "baranggay tanod" who collects bribe. It was a very light-hearted and very funny play capturing the feel of what's it's like living in a small slum barangay in the city and of course the song which doesn't go out of my head, and the salvation song which everyone sings,


The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun!

Just thinkin' about
Tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs,
And the sorrow
'Til there's none!

When I'm stuck a day
That's gray,
And lonely,
I just stick out my chin
And Grin,
And Say,
Oh!

The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
So ya gotta hang on
'Til tomorrow
Come what may
Tomorrow! Tomorrow!
I love ya Tomorrow!
You're always
A day
A way!


There's indeed a bright tomorrow for everyone who is changed by Christ.

No comments: